DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
SENIOR ACCOUNTING CLERK: PMG & REVENUE
R158 985 to R187 275 per year (salary level 6) plus benefits
- The successful candidate will be responsible to provide financial administrative and operational services within the Department and will perform the following functions:
- Capturing financial accounting transactions in the areas of responsibility and in line with applicable policies and procedures, investigating outstanding balances on suspense accounts, capturing journals to clear suspense accounts, assisting with reporting on suspense accounts.
- Preparing interdepartmental claims & confirmation letters, compiling payments in respect of inter-departmental claims, preparing responses to confirmation letters received from other departments, preparing monthly bank reconciliations, assisting with the preparation of monthly compliance certificates, performing petty cashier duties, compiling and capturing journals for the allocation of revenue and compiling the monthly revenue payments to National Treasury, performing entity verification’s on Safety Web and capturing entities on BAS & Safety Web, assisting other sections in finance as and when needed.
- A relevant 3 years tertiary qualification or equivalent with 1 year relevant experience or Grade 12 or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience.
- Must have knowledge of BAS, PERSAL, PFMA and National Treasury Regulations, Computer literacy and sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications is essential, Organisational skills and good interpersonal relations, Communication skills (written & verbal), Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and be able to work under pressure.
*How to Apply:
Private Bag X944, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered at 330 Grosvenor Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.
Mr MJ Mkwananzi
☎ Tel: (012) 312-0460
Ms C Pillay
☎ Tel: (012) 312-0434
13 November 2015