DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
SENIOR SECRETARY GR II
Office of the Secretary for Defence, Defence Headquarters, Armscor Building, Erusmuskloof, Pretoria
R132 399 per year, Level 5
- Provide a secretarial support service to the Director Legal Support in the Office of the Sec Def.
- Effectively manage the diary of the director.
- Receive all telephone calls and re-direct as required.
- Provide secretarial functions in the board meetings of the director.
- Deal with classified files and documentations correctly.
- Be responsible for all day to day administration within the secretary’s office.
- Be responsible for the typing of all forms of correspondence.
- Arrange meetings, travelling arrangements and accommodation for the director as required.
- Prepare briefings and notes for director as required.
- Maintain a filling system within the office of the director.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for visitors visiting the director.
- Manage all IT equipment with the office of the director.
- Provide admin support to the director.
- Ensure effective management of all telephone costs within the office of the Director.
- A minimum of Grade 12 (NQF Level 4 or equivalent).
- Three to five (3-5) years’ secretarial experience will be an advantage.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Knowledge of MS Word.
- Excel and PowerPoint.
- Typing skills.
- Communication proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Analytical and innovative thinking as well as problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound organizational skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to do research and analyze documents and situations.
- Excellent secretarial skills.
- A background as a legal secretary will be an advantage.
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Directorate Human Resource Career Management, Private Bag X137, Pretoria 0001
Poynton Building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it may be placed in wooden box (No 4) at the reception.
Attention: Ms L. Hammond.
Adv. S.T.B. Damane-Mkosana
☎ Tel: (012) 355 6201
18 September 2015
Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered