Department of Social Development
Supply Chain Clerk
Pretoria, HSRC Building
Salary: R123 738 per annum
- Key Responsibilities: Administer bid invitations, evaluation and adjudication.
- Provide administrative support to the Bid Evaluation and Bid Adjudication Committee as well as in the Directorate.
- Maintain a filing system for contracts.
- Capture all awarded contracts on the database.
- Compile and submit monthly bid reports.
- Inform unsuccessful suppliers of the outcome of bids.
- A Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics.
- Basic knowledge of work procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Competence skills: Computer skills. Planning and organising skills. Communication (written, verbal and liaison) skills. Customer care skills. Problem-solving skills. Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Personal attributes: Accurate. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to work in a team and independently. Friendly and trustworthy. Confidentiality. Self-starter. Customer focused. Adaptive.
*How to Apply:
Submit your applications to The Director General, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X901,
Pretoria, 0001, Physical Address: HSRC Building, 134 Pretorius Street
FOR ATTENTION : Ms E de Waal
Any enquiries, please contact Mr K Watson, Tel: (012) 312-7566
30 January 2015
A curriculum vitae (CV) with a detailed description of duties, the names of two referees, certified copies of qualifications and South African ID must accompany your signed application for employment (Z83 form).