DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND SANITATION
Western Cape Region Office: Worcester
R100 545 per year, Level 03
- Assist with boreholes maintenance.
- Assist with moving, dismantling and smooth operation of all drilling projects.
- Assist with safe guarding of drilling equipment.
- Perform manual labor services such as excavations, casting of concrete block and back-filling.
- Adhere to all occupational Health and Safety regulations and equipment and property.
- Do routine maintenance of Drilling equipment.
- Do maintenance in all problems in the workshop.
- Clearing of the construction site.
- Scrap and paint boreholes to DWS standard during maintenance of boreholes project.
- Look for cracks in boreholes with rotten castings and weld.
- Paint mark above borehole number.
- Keep equipment in the stores safe.
- Keep the store rooms locked always.
- Repair equipment when necessary.
- Update administration records.
- Fill in the necessary information on records daily.
- Keep register up to date.
- ABET certificate.
- (Be able to read and write) One (1) to two (2) years relevant experience in Drilling Services.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be prepared to work away from the office and camp in the field for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently.
- Basic knowledge in maintenance of structures and managing the water distribution for all Government Waterworks within the Area Office’s jurisdiction.
- Basic disciplinary knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Basic disciplinary knowledge in Public Administration.
- Basic knowledge in supporting water utilization and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of flood controlling.
- Basic understanding of government legislation.
- Knowledge of administration in relation to the correct completion of forms.
- Knowledge of safe use of hand tools, power tools, Metal Arc welding, Gas cutting tools and measuring Equipment.
*How to Apply:
Centre: Western Cape Regional Office, Bellville: Please forward your application quoting the reference number to: The Regional Head: Western Cape, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X16,SANLAMHOF, 7532 or hand deliver to Sigma Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road, Bellville For attention: Mr B Saki
Mr. A Ralikhwatha
☎ Tel no: (023) 348 – 5600
25 November 2016 Time: 16H00